1. Grabowsky M, Nobiya T, Ahun M, Donna R, Lengor M, Zimmerman D, Ladd H, Hoekstra E, Bello A, Baffoe-Wilmot A, Amofah G. Distributing insecticide-treated bednets during measles vaccination: a low-cost means of achieving high and equitable coverage. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 83( 3),195-201, 2005.
2. Lertpirijasuwat C, Plipat T, Jenkins RA. A survey of sexual risk behavior for HIV infection in Nakhonsawan, Thailand, 2001. AIDS 17(13), 1969-1976, 2003.
3. Frerichs RR, and Tar Tar K: Computer-assisted rapid surveys in developing countries. Public Health Reports 104 (1), 14-23, 1989.
4. Frerichs RR: Simple analytic procedures for rapid microcomputer-assisted surveys in developing countries. Public Health Reports 104 (1), 24-35, 1989.
5. Frerichs RR: General Notions, Chapter Two, in Rapid Surveys (unpublished), 2008. NOT FOR COMMERCIAL DISTRIBUTION
6. Frerichs RR: Simple Random Sampling, Chapter Three, in Rapid Surveys (unpublished), 2008. NOT FOR COMMERCIAL DISTRIBUTION
7. Frerichs RR: Equal Probability of Selection, Chapter Four, in Rapid Surveys (unpublished), 2004. NOT FOR COMMERCIAL DISTRIBUTION
8. Frerichs RR: Cluster sampling, Chapter Five, in Rapid Surveys (unpublished), 2004. NOT FOR COMMERCIAL DISTRIBUTION
9. Lemeshow S, and Robinson D: Surveys to measure programme coverage and impact: a review of the methodology used by the Expanded Programme on Immunization. World Health Statistics Quarterly 38, 65-75, 1985.
10. Bennett S, Woods T, Liyanage WM, Smith DL: A simplified general method for cluster-sample surveys of health in developing countries. World Health Statistics Quarterly 44 (3), 98-106, 1991.
11. Rothenberg RB, Lobanov A, Singh KB, and Stroh G Jr: Observations on the application of EPI Cluster Survey Methods for estimating disease incidence. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 63, 93-99, 1985.
12. Lwanga SK and Abiprojo N: Immunization coverage surveys: methodological studies in Indonesia. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 65, 847-853, 1987.
13. Brogan D, Flagg EW, Deming M, Waldman R: Increasing the accuracy of the Expanded Programme on Immunization's cluster survey design. Annals of Epidemiology 4(4), 302-11, 1994.
14. Kok, PW: Cluster sampling for immunization coverage. Social Science in Medicine 22 (7), 781-783, 1986.
15. Frerichs RR, Shaheen MA: Small Community-based surveys. Annual Review of Public Health 22, 231-247, 2001.
16. Shaheen MA, Frerichs RR, Alexopoulos N and Rainey JJ: Immunization coverage among predominantly Hispanic children, aged 2-3 years, in central Los Angeles. Annals of Epidemiology 10(3), 160-168, 2000.
SUPPLEMENTARY REFERENCES (PDF)
17. Behavioral Surveillance Surveys (Guidelines for Repeated Behavioral Surveys in Populations at Risk of HIV), Family Health International, 2000.
18. Kaiser R, Woodruff BA, Bilukha O, Spiegel PB and Salama P. Using design effects from previous cluster surveys to guide sample size calculation in emergency settings. Disasters 30(2), 199-211, 2006.
SUPPLEMENTARY REFERENCES FOR PROBLEM 2 (PDF)
19. Boisier P, Ouwe Missi Oukem-Boyer ON, Amadou Hamidou A, Sidikou F, Ibrahim ML, Elhaj Mahamane A, Mamadou S, Sanda Aksenenkova T, Hama Modibo B, Chanteau S, Sani A, Louboutin-Croc JP. Nationwide HIV prevalence survey in general population in Niger. Tropical Medicine and International Health 9(11), 1161-1166, 2004.
20. Frerichs RR, Silarug N, Eskes N, Pagcharoenpol P, Rodklai A, Thangsupachai S, Wongba C. Saliva-based HIV-antibody testing in Thailand. AIDS 8(7), 885-894, 1994.
21. West B, Walraven G, Morison L, Brouwers J, and Bailey R. Performance of the rapid plasma reagin and the rapid syphilis screening tests in the diagnosis of syphilis in field conditions in rural Africa. Sexual Transmitted Infections 78, 282-285, 2002.
HISTORICAL REFERENCES FOR FINAL GROUP PROBLEM (PDF)
22. Frerichs RR. Rapid microcomputer surveys. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 34, 147-149, 1988.
23. Frerichs RR, Tar Tar K. Use of rapid survey methodology to determine immunization converage in rural Burma. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 34, 125-130, 1988.
24. Frerichs RR, Tar Tar K. Breast-feeding, dietary intake and weight-for-age of children in rural Burma. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2(1), 16-21, 1988.