BRIEF HISTORY DURING THE SNOW ERA (1813-58)
After being designed by John Nash in 1826-8, Cumberland Terrace was built by William Mountford Nurse, with James Thomson serving as the resident architect. The structure was named after Ernest, Duke of Cumberland, who was a younger brother of King George IV.
Some have described Cumberland Terrace as the most splendid of the Regent's Park terraces. The buildings at the eastern edge of Regent's Park consist of three main blocks linked together by decorative arches. It looks over Regent's Park in a westerly direction.
The Terrace is shown in cell F12 of Reynolds's 1859 map.
Weinreb B, Hibbert C (eds). The London Encyclopaedia, 1993.