BRIEF HISTORY DURING THE SNOW ERA (1813-58)
Based on the Arch of Constantine in Rome, the Marble Arch was designed by John Nash and built in 1827 in front of Buckingham Palace. Later in 1851, the Arch was moved to the northeast corner of Hyde Park. Passage through the Arch is restricted to senior members of the Royal Family and the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery.
In the 1859 map, the Marble Arch appears in the lower left corner of cell K10 as a small black square just to the right of "d G," for Cumberland Gate. A more detailed view is presented in the 1870 map.
Source: Weinreb B, Hibbert C (eds). The London Encyclopaedia, 1993.