BRIEF HISTORY DURING THE SNOW ERA (1813-58)
The square was laid out in 1836, built on a farm which was part of Box Farm. It was named after Pulham Markham Evans, the last owner of Box Farm.
Source: Weinreb B, Hibbert C (eds). The London Encyclopaedia, 1993.
Old Ordnance Survey Map of 1865
Click here to see more details 6 years later