BRIEF HISTORY DURING THE SNOW ERA (1813-58)

The Royal Botanical Society of London was founded in 1839.  It was in charge of the Royal Botanical Gardens, consisting of 18 acres with rock, winter and landscape gardens.  The Gardens also had a lake and a conservatory entirely of glass and iron, covering 15,0000 square feet.  

LOCATION IN 1859 REYNOLDS MAP

(Quarter Mile Section - G 10)

Source: Weinreb B, Hibbert C (eds). The London Encyclopaedia, 1993.

Old Ordnance Survey Map of 1870

Click here to see more details 11 years later