The 1870 Old Ordnance Survey map shows the reservoir of the Lambeth Waterworks Company.  The reservoir was situated in the frontier of London, rural but with pockets of development.  The company reservoir is next to the Royal Asylum of St. Anne's Society, built in 1829-30 and still used as a residential school in 1870.  

Source: Old Ordnance Survey Maps - Streatham Hill and Tulse Hill, 1870.

Return to Lambeth Reservoirs