lock and weir (dam) were first constructed in timber in
1811, and then strengthened with stone in 1859 a few years after the Lambeth
Waterworks Company had relocated its intake (see below, view is upriver)
Click here for a
detailed map of the lock in 1894.
A modern map shows the Teddington
weir. Here boats move back and forth through
is seen below, with the viewer situated
above the last "n" in Teddington Lock in the map above, looking down
river in the flow towards London.
For a satellite view of the current
Teddington Lock and Weir, click here.
London A-Z Map, 1998.
Wilson DG. The Victorian Thames, 1993.
Return to New Intake of Lambeth Water Works