Executive Board Position Descriptions
PHSA Executive Board Positions
Co-Presidents (up to 2 students)
- Develop a vision and goal for the Public Health Student Association (PHSA) through leadership and mobilization of student leaders.
- Advocate for the public health student body at meetings with the Faculty Executive Committee, FSPH administration, and the Graduate Student Association.
Vice-President of Internal Affairs (1 student)
- Responsible for acting as the primary liaison between PHSA and any FSPH student organizations.
- Responsible for scheduling all General Council Meetings and PHSA Executive Board Meetings.
- Responsible for taking General Council Meeting minutes.
Vice-President of External Affairs (1 student)
- Represents PHSA concerns to other UCLA campus organizations, student organizations on other campuses, and in all other external organizations.
- Reciprocally brings external organization concerns to the attention of the C0-Presidents.
Vice-President of Communications (1 student)
- Responsible for compiling and publicizing information to students weekly (“What’s Bruin?”).
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the PHSA website, e-mail, and Facebook accounts.
Vice-President of Finance (1 student)
- Responsible for oversight of all of PHSA’s financial issues.
- Along with the President, is responsible for the development of a yearly budget and to allocate funds to different PHSA committees for student activities.
Co-Vice-Presidents of Doctoral Affairs (up to 2 students)
- Works with the President and other Executive Board members to determine the objectives of PHSA.
- Ensures that doctoral student concerns are communicated to the Executive Board and the General Council.
- Able to re-run for consecutive terms (i.e., no term limit for this position).